I recently read that the Top 10 wants that most people say they want are:
So, then why do they want them instead of have them?
Because you cannot create these new, more desirable experiences if you are trapped in old thinking patterns. If you keep trying to use the same old thoughts to drive new results, it’s like trying to apply a fresh coat of paint on the same old problems. Inevitably, the cracks will eventually begin to show, because they were never addressed. To truly make what you experience in your life matter to YOU, (like feeling passion, fulfillment, balance and joy), then you must
- acquire new skills
- practice new thoughts
- generate new ideas.
Use this “New Thought List” to help re-pattern your old mindset into a refreshing new one that offers more of what you really want now, instead of more of the same old, same old that you are done with.
- Want more Happiness? Do something that would make another happy – and do it 100% no strings attached. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
- Money is a consensual belief system about the value of exchange, not a judgment you hold about yourself as a person. If you feel that you are lacking in any way, you will generate the feelings of lack in every way. Pay yourself: a compliment, an appraising look, with patience, so that the value you place upon any exchange with anyone causes you feel that your worth is inherent, rather than earned.
- Freedom resides in the mind. If you feel trapped by your life then you are trapped by the choices you yourself have made that brought you here. Give the freedom to yourself that you most desire to feel – starting with your words. Stop saying, “I can’t” or, “I’ll try”. There is no TRY. Regain a sense of yourself unfettered by old chains of expectations that you have placed upon your own feet,. Just DO what you know needs doing. “Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.” – Voltaire
- Peace is the natural byproduct of an untroubled mind. If you feel guilt, erase the action that caused it. If you feel anger, forgive this impulse and let it mellow into understanding. If you feel jealousy or resentment, remember that you are the one who generates these feelings and redirect them towards compassion. Once you lean into the feelings that caused you imbalance, the need for that feeling evaporates. “A man who is not afraid is not aggressive. A man who has no sense of fear of any kind is really a free, peaceful man.” – Krishnamurti
- Joy resides in awareness. That quiet moment in-between thoughts, where there is no judgment or lack, is the resting place for joy. Leap into this space, and expand the amount of time that you spend there. “When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.” – Tecumseh
- Balance comes from a lack of excess in all things. Enough rest, enough food, enough laugher. Too much salt will ruin a good meal, too little will leave it tasteless. Look at any given week’s experience as a pie chart and notice where you have imbalanced your priorities.A tiny shift in the seat of balance means either riding the bike, or falling from it.
- Fulfillment is born from a sense of satisfaction in your achievement. A feeling of “enoughness” emerges when you embrace the actual effort that it took to accomplish. something. If you crave fulfillment, look to see where your lack of effort has overridden your desire for drive. “Being productive gives people a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment that loafing never can.” – Zig Ziglar
- Confidence is a state of knowing “I got this” no matter what the situation calls for. The anxiety you may feel stemming from lack of skill or ability to perform pales in comparison to the feelings you experience from not having tried. Confidence is earned in the face of trial, not in knowing before the act how it is done.
- Stability flows from good judgement. Know before you speak if it will bring fear or peace. Know before you act if this act will churn or calm. Think deeper before you judge anything from a perspective of lack or weakness. Stability in everything is achieved by a consistency of bearing, of manner and of habit. This insight allows for the natural fluidity of life’s chaos to swirl by, and leave you unimpeded in your path.
- Passion is lit from the fires within you. It lies not in the arms of another, but in the heart of your Self. For if you imagine it the responsibility of the Other, it will soon be extinguished. Passion is inflamed when shared, but is always sparked within. “Be the flame, not the moth.” ― Giacomo Casanova
What’s on your list for greater fulfillment?
- Do you crave greater satisfaction in work or business?
- Would you love better communication skills within your most important relationships?
- Are you inspired to find new ways to experience yourself as abundant & healthy?
These desires are so important in the fabric of our lives, but actually achieving them takes consistent practice, sincere effort, and trust in yourself! Generating the right frame of mind in and of itself, is half the battle towards driving the deeper satisfaction that you seek. Learn to think new thoughts that consistently drive the results you seek. Join Yoga for Transformation now and experience a more fulfilling and joyous life experience in only 42 days.