2018 will not be a re-run of 2017.
So, if this is representative of what you want too, then why don’t you have them?
You cannot create these new experiences if you are trapped in old thinking patterns. You will simply put a fresh coat of paint on the same old problems. Inevitably, however, the cracks will eventually begin to show. Which means, to truly make your life matter to YOU, and to feel these wonderful experiences like passion and balance and joy, you must acquire new skills, practice new thoughts & generate new ideas.
So here’s your 2018 New Thought List to usher in these feelings NOW & to solidify them for a spectacular New Year to come!
- Want more Happiness? Do something that would make another happy – and do it 100% no strings attached. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
- Money is a consensual belief system about the value of exchange, not a judgment you hold about yourself as a person. If you feel that you are lacking in any way, you will generate the feelings of lack in every way. Pay yourself: a compliment, an appraising look, so that the value you place upon any exchange lets you feel your worth as inherent, rather than earned.
- Freedom resides in the mind. If you feel trapped by your life than you are trapped by the choices you yourself have made. Give the freedom to yourself that you most desire to feel, starting with your words. Stop saying, “I can’t” or, “I’ll try”. There is no TRY. Regain a sense of self unfettered by chains of expectations that you have placed upon your own feet, and DO what you know you need to do. “Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.” – Voltaire
- Peace is the natural byproduct of an untroubled mind. If you feel guilt, erase the action that caused it. If you feel anger, forgive this impulse and let it mellow into understanding. If you feel jealousy or resentment, remember that you are the one who generates these feelings and redirect them towards compassion. Once you lean into the feelings that caused you imbalance, the need for that feeling evaporates. “A man who is not afraid is not aggressive. A man who has no sense of fear of any kind is really a free, peaceful man.” – Krishnamurti
- Joy resides in awareness. That moment in-between thoughts, where there is no judgment or lack, this is the resting place for joy. Leap into this space, and expand the time that you reside there. “When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.” – Tecumseh
- Balance comes from a lack of excess in all things. Enough rest, enough food, enough laugher. Too much salt will ruin a good meal, too little will leave it tasteless. Look at any given week’s experience as a pie chart and notice where you have imbalanced your priorities. A tiny shift in the seat of balance means either riding the bike, or falling from it.
- Fulfillment is a sense of satisfaction in achievement. A feeling of “enoughness” that overrides the effort that it took to accomplish. If you crave fulfillment, then look to see where lack of effort has overridden your desire for drive. “Being productive gives people a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment that loafing never can.” – Zig Ziglar
- Confidence is a state of knowing “I got this” no matter what the situation calls for. The anxiety you may feel stemming from lack of skill or ability to perform pales in comparison to the feelings you experience from not having tried. Confidence is earned in the face of trial, not in knowing before the act how it is done.
- Stability flows from good judgement. Know before you speak if it will bring fear or peace. Know before you act if this act churns or calms. Think before you judge anything from a perspective of lack or weakness. Stability in everything is achieved by a consistency of bearing, of manner and of habit that allows for the fluidity of life’s chaos to swirl and leave you unimpeded in your design.
- Passion is lit from the fires within. It lies not in the arms of another, but in the heart of your Self. For if you imagine it the responsibility of the Other, it will soon be extinguished. Passion is inflamed when shared, but is always sparked within. “Be the flame, not the moth.” ― Giacomo Casanova
- Greater satisfaction in work or business?
- Better communication skills with your most important relationships?
- New ways to experience yourself as abundant & healthy?