A meditation and practice to discern self from others, from the object where we believe we have placed our love, to the sense of feeling love within as our own energetic force, and the energetic force that flows through us together in union.
-Light a few candles in a semi-darkened room and place them a ring around you and your beloved friend, child, partner, whomever you wish to honor and feel expansion within this field of love. Create a “bubble” of support.
-You may wish to add aromatherapy oils of frankincense, jasmine, lavender, rose or ylang-ylang to your heart chakra, palms, soles of your feet or third eye.
– Play music if you wish, that is high vibration – gongs, chimes, healing bowl or sounds that elicit feelings of peace but do not have words that will pull your mind to follow.
– Sit comfortably facing one another, but not touching.
– Set a timer for 5 minutes. You can always go longer, but this gives a feeling of purpose and commitment to keep it up, especially if one or the other of you get antsy – which is possible.
– Close your eyes and take a few deep cleansing breaths to settle into your body and begin to relax your mind – listening to the music and your own breathing.
– Once calm, slowly open your eyes, and begin to look into the eyes of your beloved. Simply look easily and do not break contact.
– Feel what happens in your being as you allow someone to deeply look at you, and what happens when you are given permission to see into another.
– If there is any sense of fear, or wanting to hide, be gentle with yourself and breathe through it. Release whatever fears come up as barriers to true love that YOU wish to feel.
– Begin to feel through the center of your sternum and imagine a cord of light or a doorway beginning to open here. Allow this doorway to shine brighter.
– Become aware of what you feel as these portals flow to meet between you.
– Allow your spine and hands, mind and body begin to relax into receiving this flow being offered to you, and offered through you.
– Notice any physical shifts or sensations as they emerge, but let them slide into sensation rather than doing anything with them, or making any decisions about them. Let yourself simply perceive.
– As the timer chimes, decide to reset it for longer or to gently allow it to bring you back to yourself.
– When you are ready to come back, close your eyes again and feel the doorway between you as completed, and your energy flowing back to you fully.
– Breathe into your body, and send your energy down into the Earth to the very core, to become rooted in your own being and grounded in your own experience.
– Give gratitude to the Divine between you, your beloved, & your own heart as your teacher, and then, when you feel present again, gently open your eyes and thank your partner.
– Write down your experience and perhaps share any relevant insights you gained.
– Practice regularly with different people and feel the differences and similarities of the journey. Become aware of how different frequencies will merge and how you, as the discerner, allow the flow or block its travel.